Enabling Discord RPC for WINE Games
Since Wine doesn’t offer a native “native” interface for games running under it to connect to the Discord Rich Presence listener on Linux, here’s a short guide on how to make RPC work.
I used this method on Arch Linux, though it should work the same on all other distros too.
- Download this tarball by Marc3842h
- Extract its content to
- Make sure you have the bin32 and the bin64 directories in
- Open a terminal and append the locations of
bin64directories to the
WINEDLLPATHenvironment variable using the following command
- Run winetricks/protontricks, select your wine prefix (default prefix if using protontricks), and run winecfg
- Head to the libraries tab, and add a new override for library by typing in
discord-rpcand clicking add. Hit Apply, and then OK
- Run your game the way you usually would, and RPC should be working now
Note: This has to be done for each game individually. There might be a way to set it up for all wineprefixes at once, but I’m not aware of how to do that.